Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Opening Act July

Ok kids...a blogging we will go. Yes, 21st Century communication has arrived in my class. No doubt we can make some good use out of blogger. How? Share ideas...have discussion...view sources...make fun of the things we say in class. Serisously I could not have picked a better assembly of kids to spend 9 months with working on an amazing topic.

First thing is first. I want you to confirm you accessed this blog and have a password / login. The next entry will have the first set of questions you need to address. You should have your book now. Please use a user name that we can identify too. I will be mark z. I want you to record your responses in a notebook of some sort...and then we will follow up with a blog conversation. The blog will allow us to self assess, raise questions, examine primary sources....as mentioned above. So your first entry should be to remark with a "just testing" to this posting. Thanks. MZ

7 comments:

Zach Barnes said...

"Just testing" . . . my account works: everything is just fine and dandy, though I have not picked up my book yet but should have it by the end of the week.

Mark Z said...

Well done Zach. Thanks for taking care of that. MZ

aziegler said...

Are there any questions I can answer? Is there something I need to clarify? Please let me know. Have a great week.

Ian D. Nisley said...

Hey Mr. Ziegler this is Ian Nisley. I think everything works I have no idea what i'm doing. But i guess i should start by reading my book.

Mark Z said...

Ian: No idea what you are doing...so far just answer the 3 questions I posted. It will take some research...Check back and we will discuss. I am happy right now that you made the effort to at least get your self on board the blog.

Kate said...

Just testing. Not exactly computer savy. Should I email you the answers to the questions or post them?

Mark Z said...

Good job Kate...the skills needed for this are pretty minimal. As long as you do what you just did you are good to go. I will post a discussion prompt for our first couple of questions tomorrow. so for now keep your responses on paper and use them for the next prompt. Don't work on Sunday but check the blog tomorrow. Again. thanks for taking the time to do this. MZ