Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hi everyone

Neo-Europeanists:

I am in the process of gearing up for next year. For our summer reading, I would like you to purchase just one book. The Oxford Illustrated of Modern Europe (T.C.W. Blanning is the editor). You can get them used at amazon for about 11.00 dollars. Let's have these in hand by the by the end of the month. We will read the book in the month of July and do some blogging about the book in August. Feel free to create a pseudonym but let me know who you are. I will be pushing up media, essays... on the blog from time to time for you to read that I find fit the course.

Have a great summer. Relax. I want recharged batteries when I see you again. Right now we are 1st period and right now a small group too. I think the book is terrific and I will be honest...I personally learn well from text and images so I thought the pictures and images would not hurt. The story of Europe is really an engaging one. I never get tired of it and I look forward to working with all of you as we explore the many ideas, thinkers, places...of Europe. MZ

No comments: